I’ve just been laid off. My employer gave me a document to sign which included some severance pay. What am I giving away by signing this contract? Can I get more severance?
About Severance Negotiations
Corporate layoffs, downsizing, “rightsizing,” restructuring… unfortunately, these are a part of life for New Jersey’s professional and executive employees. If your employer has offered you severance pay in exchange for a waiver of your rights, you need answers, and you need them now. It is critically important that you engage an experienced New Jersey severance package lawyer to review the agreement and explain your rights. Traub Law provides a comprehensive severance package review which includes the following:
- A detailed interview to determine the facts and circumstances of your employment and termination.
- A thorough review of all documents relating to your employment and termination.
- A clear explanation of the terms of the severance agreement.
- A comprehensive presentation of your legal options regarding the agreement.
- An honest, thoughtful legal opinion as to whether the document should be signed as is or whether there are grounds to seek an “enhancement” or other changes to the agreement.
Traub Law has a combined 40 years of experience in successfully negotiating enhanced severance packages for New Jersey’s professional and executive workforce. If you have need for a severance package review, you have come to the right place.