The Guidance You Need During Severance Negotiations
Corporate layoffs, downsizing, “rightsizing,” restructuring … unfortunately, these are a part of life for New Jersey’s professional and executive employees. If your employer has offered you severance pay in exchange for a waiver of your rights, you need answers, and you need them now.
It is critically important that you engage an experienced employment lawyer to review the agreement and explain your rights. In New Jersey, look no further than Traub Law.
I Can Review The Offer And Help You Negotiate
When you hire my firm, I will provide a comprehensive severance package review which includes the following:
- A detailed interview to determine the facts and circumstances of your employment and termination
- A thorough review of all documents relating to your employment and termination
- A clear explanation of the terms of the severance agreement
- A comprehensive presentation of your legal options regarding the agreement
- An honest, thoughtful legal opinion as to whether the document should be signed as is or whether there are grounds to seek an “enhancement” or other changes to the agreement.
Remember that you are being offered a severance package in exchange for waiving your right to sue the company for nearly any reason. To make that kind of sacrifice, you have every right to expect a reasonable severance offer.
I have more than 30 years of experience in successfully negotiating enhanced severance packages for New Jersey’s professional and executive workforce. If you have a need for a severance package review, you have come to the right place.
Contact My Offices in Princeton Or East Brunswick
Traub Law proudly represents clients throughout New Jersey. If you’re on your way out of your company and need an experienced legal advocate in your corner, call me at 609-318-9053 or send me an email.